Monday, March 10, 2008

My little boy turns 8


My kiddo will be eight years old today, March 10.

This pic was taken a few days after I arrived from Dubai last December. He was really showing off the shirt he was wearing in this picture to everybody.

I can still remember the first thing he told me when we finally saw each other at the airport: "Dad, buti na lang dumating ka. Sawang-sawa na ako sa mga babaing yan (pointing to his Mommy, Ate Ara and Ate Aia)." Later while having dinner at the Ihaw-Ihaw, Kalde-Kaldero resto along Roxas Boulevard, Andre wrapped his arms around my neck and whispered: "Dad, huwag ka nang umalis uli ha." I was speechless. My boy really misses me a lot.

I feel doubly guilty because this is the 2nd year in a row that I'm not with my Andre as he turns a year older. Of course, it's one of the social costs that an OFW has to pay and we've long accepted that reality.

Happy birthday Andre (a.k.a. Andy, Andoy, Dadoy, Dudoy, Dardoyle, Andot, Andres, Anders, Andrew E) !

I miss you.

No comments:

Post a Comment